Narrated by Abu Umamah: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "If anyone strokes an orphan's head, doing so only for Allah's sake,
he will have blessings for every hair over which his hand passes; and if anyone treats well an orphan girl or boy under his care,
he and I shall be like these two in Paradise", putting two of his fingers together.
Ahmad and Tirmidhi transmitted it, Tirmidhi
[Al-Tirmidhi - 4974]
In keeping with the above tradition, WAMY has OVC as one of its focus areas, to restore the future and help bring back hope. Thousands of orphans and vulnerable children are raised in their communities by adults who are empowered and mobilized by OVC Support department empowered either through our skills development or parenting workshop. Our aims of this program are:
- Strengthen the capacity of families to protect and care for OVC.
- Mobilize and strengthen community-based responses.
- To promote Islamic identity amongst Muslim Orphans.
- Ensure access to essential services for OVC like education, Social and health care.
- Raise awareness to create a supportive environment for OVC.
ORPHANAGE: Situated at W Section, 169 Zwe Mdlalala Rd opposite the Maweleni Complex in the heart of the biggest Township in Durban. The Orphanage accommodates 20 Orphan boys. The boys attend South Coast Muslim School in Clair wood and Ihsan Boys Islamic School. We also support Bambasandla Orphanage in U section
We are currently supporting 289 Orphans (some are centre based & some home based)