Many children in South Africa are disadvantaged from attending school even though schooling is compulsory in South Africa. The major disadvantage is that most parents cannot afford the school fees, school uniforms, transport & stationery.
WAMY launched a school support program in 2003 to assist disadvantaged Muslim children attending public schools. WAMY identifies some learners with great potential and places in Muslim Independent Schools.
- To create access to schooling
- To create opportunities for funding – Dawah-Huququl Ibad (Rights to mankind)
- Promote learning i.e. creating an IQRA community
- Developing and empowering the future leaders of communities
- Raise the standards of living.
Primary target are disadvantaged communities mainly Orphans and needy learners
Since inception of this program 1249 learners have benefited and 23 Schools have participated.